UNP still has time to unite for democracy – Vijithe Herath
The UNP still has the opportunity to contest under a broad alliance to rescue democracy said Genral Secretary of Democratic National Alliance (DNA) and former Parliamentarian Vijithe Herath. He said Gen. Sarath Fonseka, in spite of being arbitrarily detained, requested through Ms. Anoma Fonseka for the UNP, the JVP and other parties to contest under a single front. Mr. Herath said this addressing the inaugural press conference of the DNA held today.
Speaking further Mr. Herath said, “Gen. Fonseka who contributed immensely to develop democracy and good governance is being imprisoned; democratic rights have been denied to him. Hence, time has come for everybody to unite to fight for democracy and good governance. A colossal power and a gigantic strength should be mobilized to defeat the present undemocratic regime. The decision by the UNP to contest under the ‘elephant’ symbol is a barrier for this. However, we have been able to rally all those who cherish democracy and build a single front under the leadership of Gen. Sarath Fonseka to fight for democracy and good governance. Accordingly, we would contest the forthcoming general election under ‘Trophy.’ Gen. Sarath Fonseka will contest from Colombo District.”
Source: Lanka Truth
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
PRESIDENT ELECTION ALSO LOST , NOW THIS ELECTION ALSO WILL LOST ZERO- NO CHANCE SURE
PONSEKA MULA KARALA AMARUWE DEMMA WAGEEMA RANIL GONATA ANDALA MANTHREEN TIAKAK PARLIMENT YAVANNA MEE BILLA THAWAMATH TRY. RATA VINASHAKARANNA HADANA MEE HORU PANAMU.
HELLO VIJITHA KOHOMAHARI UNP EKATH ALLAGENA PONSEKA NAYAKA KAMATA ARAN KALAVEDDA LAKUNIN ENNA JAYA NIYATHAY.
Mr Vijithe Herath,
The bitter truth is, the road of politics just got closed for you JVPers. Therefore, why not think of getting back home to your family rather than trying to hide yourself among the General’s wife’s saree. It’s high time for you and your “vachaala” boss SA to kiss politics good bye. Honestly.