UNP to decide on its National List MP this month
Posted in Local News
The UNP will decide on its National List Parliament seat this month, UNP Deputy Leader Ruwan Wijewardene says.
Wijewardene said the UNP wanted to monitor developments in Parliament before deciding on its National List MP.
The UNP Deputy Leader said that the current government which had come to power, promising reform and justice, had been rejected by its own supporters within a short time.
Many have observed that both the government and the Opposition in Parliament were now the same.
Taking all this into consideration the UNP would nominate its National List MP this month, Wijewardene said.
(Source: The Island)
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
Wasting time in un-wanted things instead of building the party quickly. Too much of monitoring to appoint 01 (bonus) national list MP by a grand old party ? How can monitor parliament without anyone inside !