IPL teams splash the cash for Mahela and Murali
The Delhi Daredevils bought Sri Lankan captain Mahela Jayawardena for US $1.4million in the Indian Premier League player auction while spin legend Muttiah Muralitharan was bought for US $220,000 by the Royal Challengers Bangalore.
Dinesh Chandimal was the next Lankan player to be sold when the Rajasthan Royals purchased his services for US $50,000.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023