UPFA MPs protest in parliament
Posted in Local News
A group of United Peoples Freedom Alliance (UPFA) MPs staged a protest inside the parliament chamber a short while ago against the Bribery Commission’s move to summon former President Mahinda Rajapaksa to record statements over various allegations levelled against him.
Protesting MPs who sat in the well of the parliament said that they will not leave the chamber until they receive a written assurance from the President and the Prime Minister through the Speaker, saying that the government will stop hunting down opposition members and former President.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
Why u people are protesting ? Let the Bribery commission do their duty. So this shows very clear that former prez n their tailanders are struggling to face these commissions. Let them to do democratically subsequently people will know truth n how they were.
You are just one of these guys who write bullshit just because you have nothing else to do or just dumb. MR’s family has been harassed from the time MS and RW came in to power. Every few days these jokers come up with some sort of a baseless allegation just to poison the minds of the people because they are so scared that MR will come back to power.
Isn’t the protest a success? Hon PM who once threatened to dissolve Parliament if a particular No Confidence is passed by the House is now on a war path with his opponents. He as a Lawyer himself has forgotten the dictum ‘Justice should not only be done but should also seem to be done.’Appointing a friend’s wife to sit over judgement of his opponents is very poor sHow Mr. PM.