CID allowed to investigate bank accounts of Gamini Senarath
Police Financial Crimes Investigations Division (FCID) today obtained a court order to examine the accounts of former presidential chief-of-staff Gamini Sedara Senarath, his close relatives and their business establishments in more than 80 banks and financial institutions.
The Police Financial Fraud Investigation Unit (FFIU) also recorded a statement from Gamini Senarath over alleged financial misappropriation charges leveled against him by a leasing company earlier this month.
Nishantha Warnasinghe of the Anti-Corruption Movement in his police complaint said Mr. Senarath had used institutions such as Print Excel (Pvt) Ltd, Ratna Publishers and Printers, Ratna Poth Prakasakayo & Printers and Ratna Metal Industries for the purpose of laundering ill-gotten gains.
The court order issued by Colombo Chief Magistrate Gihan Pilapitiya was in connection with the accounts held by Mr. Senarath, Kumari Sita Gunaratne, Malkanthi Gunartne alias Kanthi Ranasinghe, Shanyl Surindra Sedara Senarath, Mahesh Mevul Sedara Senarath, Miminda Sedara Senarath, Sumana Sedara Senarath, Sanjaya Sedara Senarath and Aruni Manjula Senarath.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023