BC DG summoned to House
The Director General (DG) of the Commission to Investigate Allegation of Bribery or Corruption (CIABOC) Ms. Dilrukshi Dias Wickramasinghe has been summoned to the Parliament by the Speaker Chamal Rajapaksa. She has been asked to be present at the Parliament by 4.00p.m. today (20).
The DG was summoned in the wake of protests displayed by about 60 members of the opposition in Parliament today (20).
The Speaker, Deputy Speaker and the Secretary General of the Parliament held a meeting with the protesting MPs regarding their demands. However the meetings failed and the speaker has summoned the DG.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka approves Sinopec’s $4.5 billion refinery proposal November 28, 2023
- Tamil Nadu government failed to understand the problem in Sri Lanka: Murali November 27, 2023