UPFA’s Eraj Fernando elected Mayor of Hambantota
Beliatta SLFP organizer Eraj Ravindra Fernando, who was involved in the “toy pistol’ case two years ago, was appointed as the Mayor of the UNP-led Hambantota Municipal Council with a majority of two votes this morning.
The municipal council was won by the United National Party (UNP) at the recent Local Authorities Election.
Fernando is the former Mayor of the Hambantota Municipal Council.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka to implement another electricity tariff revision in January 2024 December 9, 2023
- ‘Kush’ worth Rs. 100 Million seized in luggage left behind at Bandaranaike International Airport December 9, 2023
- Air Arabia launches direct flights to Sri Lanka from Abu Dhabi December 9, 2023