US congratulates Sri Lanka on holding peaceful and orderly election
The U.S. Embassy in Colombo issuing a Statement on the Sri Lankan General Election said yesterday that they looked forward to partnering with the government and new parliament.
On August 5, the people of Sri Lanka exercised a fundamental democratic right and went to the polls to elect their next parliament.
The United States congratulates Sri Lanka on conducting the elections in a peaceful and orderly manner, despite the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
As the new parliament convenes, we hope the government will renew its commitments to building an inclusive economic recovery, upholding human rights and the rule of law, and protecting the country’s sovereignty. We look forward to partnering with the government and the new parliament.
(Source: The Island)
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023