Use Provincial Council Election funds to provide COVID vaccine – Samagi Jana Balawegaya
The Samagi Jana Balawegaya has requested the government to take measures to provide a COVID-19 vaccine to the public, using funds due to be spent for the Provincial Council Elections.
Parliamentarian Manusha Nanayakkara said it is the responsibility of the government to provide the vaccine to the public, while several other countries have provided the vaccine to their citizens.
He noted since the government does not have the funds to obtain the vaccine, it is attempting to take on a loan to do so.
The MP stressed the peoples lives are more important than the conduct of an election, yet the government plans on preparing for the Provincial Council polls.
Meanwhile the MP charged that groups that have knowledge and experience in the medical field are attempting to lead the public towards an ignorant, unscientific approach.
MP Nanayakkara charged such tactics are resorted to, as the government lacks funds to bring down a COVID-19 vaccine to Sri Lanka.
He charged the government and its Ministers of propagating a so called healing syrup, adding therefore everyone who were proponents of this so called cure will be held responsible for all those who contract the virus.
(Source: News Radio)
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
Parliamentarians should set examples first by themselves, like Mr.Ranjan Ramanayake (MP) hosting ‘Cash Dansela’ from his personal earnings ( special allowances, luxury vehicles permits sales , etc,etc) before advising govt on diverting PC elections funding to-wards vaccine roll out to fellow citizens !
And also allow illegal recordings of phone conversations with the Judiciary and Police bosses?