Vaas Gunawardena granted bail but remains in remand
Posted in Local News
Former Police DIG Vaas Gunawardena has been granted bail over charges of soliciting a bribe to release a suspect in the murder case of Kelaniya PS member Hasitha Madawala.
However, the former DIG will remain in remand over other charges.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023