Dayasiri warns of ‘computer Jilmaat’
UPFA Chief Ministerial aspirant and former UNP MP Dayasiri Jayasekara yesterday warned that there could be a ‘computer Jilmaat’ when the votes were counted after the forthcoming PC polls in the Nortthwestern Province.
Speaking at a UPFA press conference, Jayasekera, however, said he had faith in public officials and he was confident they would not compromise themselves.
Dayasiri said that he did not have money to distribute phones and tyres free of charge to voters in return for their votes. He appreciated the assistant election commissioner for acting impartially when his posters were ordered to be removed in his presence.
Meanwhile, UPFA MP Salinda Dissanayake blamed the Assistant Election Commissioner for failure to take any action against those who gave away tyres etc on voters. He said that laws had been implemented to remove their election offices, but no action was taken against some candidates violating the law in the same party.
(Courtesy: The Island)
- Sri Lanka relaxes import restrictions on over 300 items June 10, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
Bad luck Dayasiri, you are such a rising star. Your energy and impetuousness are rarely understood. The UNP moving slowly like an elephant, simply cannot keep up or appreciate your energy in servining the masses.
The blue people of course, are masters of the condom theory; they use everything once and discard ito the gutter.
Dayasiri, we love you our dear man, may your soul find its place in the world where you want it to be.
you cant do anything on this Mr Daya! sad about you!