Validity period of driver’s license extended by 06 months
Validity period of all driving licenses that expire from 01 April to 30 September is valid for another six months from the expiration date, Commissioner General of Motor Traffic Sumith Alahakoon stated.
The decision has been taken considering the prevailing COVID-19 situation in the country.
Meanwhile, the offices of the Department of Motor Traffic (DMT) in Narahenpita and Werahera will remain closed this week.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka to remain Captain for ICC World Cup 2023 September 20, 2023