Veteran actress Miyuri Samarasinghe passes away
Posted in Local News
Veteran Sri Lankan actress Miyuri Samarasinghe has passed away at the age of 81, family sources confirmed.
She showcased her talent in all three formats of acting; stage, teledrama and cinema.
Samarasinghe is well-known for the roles portrayed in numerous tele-drams and movies including Madol Duwa, Viragaya, Yasa Isuru, Yuganthaya, Adara Hasuna, Yuwatipathi , Bhava Duka and Maruthaya.
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023