Victoria Nuland arrives in Sri Lanka
Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs of the United States, Victoria Nuland arrived in Sri Lanka this morning (February 01) on an official visit to mark the 75th anniversary of US-Sri Lanka relations.
Upon her arrival, Victoria Nuland was received by U.S. Ambassador to Sri Lanka, Julie Chung.
The U.S. envoy tweeted that the Under Secretary’s visit highlights the support extended by the United States to Sri Lanka’s ongoing reforms to foster economic prosperity, protect human rights and promote reconciliation.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023