Victoria Nuland assures U.S. Government’s support for Sri Lanka’s recovery efforts
Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs of the United States, Victoria Nuland met Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe at the Presidential Secretariat this morning (February 01).
Victoria Nuland, has pledged the U.S. Government’s support for Sri Lanka’s ongoing recovery efforts.
President Wickremesinghe thanked the U.S. Government for their support during difficult times.
Victoria Nuland arrived in Sri Lanka earlier this morning, on an official visit to mark the 75th anniversary of U.S. – Sri Lanka relations.
Upon her arrival, Victoria Nuland was received by the U.S. Ambassador to Sri Lanka, Julie Chung.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023