Wasantha Mudalige granted bail for three separate cases
Wasantha Mudalige has been granted bail for three separate cases by the Fort Magistrate’s Court today (February 01).
Wasantha Mudalige is the convener of Inter University Students’ Federation (IUSF).
Attorney Nuwan Bopage speaking to media said that based on the fact that he was remanded for a prolonged period, and that the Prevention of Terrorism Act (PTA) charges were dropped in court on Tuesday (January 31), the Fort Magistrate granted bail for all three cases.
The Attorney said that Wasantha Mudalige will be brought to court later in the day, to secure his release on bail.
UPDATE – 03:52 PM: Wasantha Mudalige was released a few moments ago due to being granted bail.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023
- ‘We quit our stressful public sector jobs to earn £150 a month in Sri Lanka’ December 4, 2023
- Suminda Sirisena passes away December 4, 2023