Vijayakala granted bail
Posted in Local News
Former State Minister UNP MP Vijayakala Maheswaran arrested by the Police Organized Crimes Division (OCPD), has been granted bail by the Colombo Chief Magistrate.
She was arrested today by the Police Organised Crimes Preventive Division in connection with a controversial statement she made recently on the resurgence of the LTTE
She was then presented before the Colombo Chief Magistrate Ranga Dissanayaka where OCPD DIG Kamal Silva requested the court to remand the suspect.
However, the court decided to grant bail on a personal bond worth Rs 500,000as no special points were presented for the remanding of the MP.
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023