Vijayakala wants wells checked for dead bodies
State Minister of Child Affairs Vijayakala Maheswaran says that the closed water wells in the islands off Jaffna should be immediately inspected under court orders.
She pointed out that the relatives of persons who went missing during the former government believe that the bodies of a number of bodies are inside those wells.
The state minister claimed that according to the relatives of the missing people, the bodies have been placed inside the wells and filled with soil.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023