VIOLATING COSMETIC DEVICES AND DRUGS ACT: 90 PHARMACIES IN COURT
Court cases have been filed against more than 90 pharmacies after raids were carried out since the beginning of the year to nab those who violate the Cosmetic Devices and Drugs Act.
Director of the National Drugs Authority (NDA), Dr. Hemantha Beneragama said that more than 120 pharmacies had been inspected during special raids conducted since the beginning of the year.
“These raids are continuing with the assistance of the area health officials,” he added.
Dr. Beneragama went on to say that an island-wide programme is also underway to educate pharmacy owners on the Cosmetic Devices and Drugs Act.
However, the Chairman of the NDA said that some pharmacy owners did not attend those programmes.
“Immediate steps will be taken to raid the pharmacies of those who do not attend these programmes,” said Dr. Beneragama.
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023