Voters index finger will be inked at the Election – Election Commission
Posted in Local News
The Election Commission has refuted claims in print media that voters index finger will not be inked at the upcoming General Election.
Director General of the Commission Saman Sri Ratnayake said such a decision has not been reached when uncertainty prevails over the conduct of the election owing to the coronavirus.
Ratnayake stated that discussions will be held with health authorities prior to reaching decisions related to the General Election.
(Source: News Radio)
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023