Voters index finger will be inked at the Election – Election Commission
The Election Commission has refuted claims in print media that voters index finger will not be inked at the upcoming General Election.
Director General of the Commission Saman Sri Ratnayake said such a decision has not been reached when uncertainty prevails over the conduct of the election owing to the coronavirus.
Ratnayake stated that discussions will be held with health authorities prior to reaching decisions related to the General Election.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023