Wajira Abeywardena appointed to UNP’s vacant MP seat
Extraordinary gazette notification issued today (July 22) announcing Wajira Abeywardena as a national list MP of United National Party (UNP).
The gazette notification was published by the Election Commission pursuant to the powers conferred by Section 64(5) of the Parliamentary Elections Act, No. 01 of 1981 and the provisions of the Constitution.
The UNP nominated him and sent his name to the elections commission to replace the vacant seat after Ranil Wickremesinghe was elected the President.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- CEYPETCO increases fuel prices October 1, 2023
- Sinopec increases fuel prices in Sri Lanka October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023