Wasim Thajudeen’s murder: Former DIG, several PSD officers to be questioned
Retired Senior DIG Anura Senanayake and several officers who were previously attached to the Presidential Security Division (PSD) are likely to be questioned in connection with Rugby Player Wasim Thajudeen’s death.
Senanayake, an officer who had close links to the authorities of the previous regime, was the one who headed investigations into Thajudeen’s death. Meanwhile, the CID had received information that a discussion about Wasim Thajudeen had taken place at the PSD officers’ mess before the incident, highly placed sources from the CID told the Daily News.
The police’s inaction over vital evidence on Thajudeen’s murder is also being investigated, they further added.
Although Thajudeen’s wallet was recovered 1.5 km away from the scene of the accident, the Police had not taken measures to investigate the matter further. The CID is also investigating to ascertain whether a vehicle that was gifted to the Siriliya Saviya organization by a non-governmental organization was used to abduct Thajudeen.
Meanwhile, addressing the weekly cabinet briefing last week, Cabinet Spokesman Rajitha Senaratne three PSD officials were involved in what he termed as the murder of Wassim Thajudeen.
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
Hey guys, is there any way of bringing this Thaajudin back to life??
He appears to be so powerful in his death (he has the power to determine the destiny of our nation!! not many living human beings have that kind of power) that it appears we will be much better off if we can bring him back to life and restore his place in his rugby team.
Your country is utter shitty situation.
A lot of things have happened in the last 5 years…. The best way is to pre-empt and avoid than to fix it later! As you can see now you are unable to fix anything “later”.
This president won with a land slide…. YOU people voted him in! What does that say about you poeple?? The whole family was known for corruption from last time round… why get them in again? This begs the question – what is the average IQ of the SL population, especially the Sinhalese ones…?
All the best!