Weapons found at Baddegama politician’s house
A number of weapons were recovered during a raid carried out by the Special Task Force Operations Headquarters officers at the residence of former Deputy-Chairman of the Baddegama Pradeshiya Sabha, yesterday (7).
Among the weapons found were; a T-56 firearm, six bullets, one magazine, a live hand grenade, an Air Rifle, 50 bullets, one sword, four knives, a bayonet, an unregistered motorcycle, two railway sleepers, which were all taken into STF custody. An STF officer said the suspect is due to be handed over to the Colombo Crimes Investigation Division for further investigations.
The raid was carried out by the STF Operations Headquarters with the Baddegama Police.
(Source: Ceylon Today – By O. Kamalanatha and Amal Wickremaratne)
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023