Welambada Acting OIC interdicted
Posted in Local News
The Acting OIC of Welamboda Police has been interdicted for deciding to return 76 machete knives and 16 axes that were taken into custody from a mosque, the Police Media Spokesperson SP Ruwan Gunasekara said.
He said the machete knives and axes were taken into the custody from the Welambada mosque on April 28.
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
This is absurd and ridiculous! Can a Police officer decide to hand over confiscated weapons on his own? I am sure the order came from the top. In the USA they are talking about gun control. In Sri Lanka, our great police officers even can’t keep confiscated knives and axes under lock & key! Pathetic!
Police need to recrify their mistake for the sake of national security.
Take back the weapons from the mosque asap