PM-Sajith hold crisis talks at Temple Trees
Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe and Minister Sajith Premadasa have held crisis talks, amidst a major rift within the United National Party over the proposed new alliance and the next Presidential Candidate.
According to UNP sources the meeting of the two party heavyweights, was held at Temple Trees, after Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesighe testified before the Parliament Select Committee probing the Easter Sunday Attacks.
The next Presidential Election, UNP’s Presidential candidate and the proposed National Democratic Front were all discussed at length, during the closed-door meeting at Temple Trees.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023
- Trains delayed on coastal line due to derailment near Kollupitiya September 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s revenue shortfall concerns IMF team – sources September 27, 2023
- Airman killed, another injured in explosion at Kandakuliya Air Force Training Camp September 26, 2023