Welgama and Mahindananda removed from SLFP Organiser posts
UPFA MPs Kumara Welgama and Mahindananda Aluthgamage have been removed from their respective organiser posts by the Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP).
Welgama has been removed from his post of Matugama SLFP Organiser while Aluthgamage has been removed as Nawalapitiya SLFP Organiser.
Both MPs, who served as ministers under former President Mahinda Rajapaksa, are representing the Joint Opposition, which includes a breakaway faction of the SLFP.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023