Wellawatte market complex, four-storeyed car park opened
President Mahinda Rajapaksa opened the Wellawatte Municipal market complex and the first four-storeyed car park yesterday morning. The market complex is equipped with 83 stalls, of which 53 are for vegetables and fruits and 21 for fish and meat stalls. The car park can accommodate 95 vehicles at a time.
The entire project had cost Rs 240 million, a press release by the President’s Media Division said. A special memento was presented to the President by members of the Wellawatte Public Market United Traders Association after the opening ceremony.
Western Province Governor Alavi Mowlana, Senior Minister A H M Fowzie, Western Province chief Minister Prasanna Ranatunga, Colombo Mayor Mohamed Muzzamil, CMC Opposition Leader Milinda Moragoda and former Minister Rohitha Bogollagama were also present on the occasion.
Courtesy: Daily News
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Customs seizes Drugs worth over Rs. 60 Million December 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- Three Sri Lankans, including Ranish Hewage serving in the Ukraine Army killed in Russian attack December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023