Wijeyadasa Rajapakshe’s son arrested over accident
Parliamentarian Wijeyadasa Rajapakshe’s son arrested over an accident at Rajagiriya where 4 persons were injured last night, police said.
The vehicle was driven by Wijeyadasa’s son, Rakitha Rajapakshe at the time of the accident.
Police said the injured are receiving treatment at the National Hospital Colombo.
Rakhitha Rajapakshe was arrested after he admitted himself to a private hospital in Colombo.
He is due to be produced before Court today.
UPDATE – 05:17 PM : Parliamentarian Wijeyadasa Rajapakshe’s son was released on a personal bail of Rs. 100,000 by the Colombo Chief Magistrate’s Court today.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023