Will defeat no-faith motion against Rajitha: Ravi Karunanayake
Former Foreign Affairs Minister Ravi Karunanayake yesterday said they would defeat the no-confidence motion brought against Health Minister Rajitha Senaratne by the Joint Opposition MPs.
Addressing a news briefing organised by the UNP backbenchers, MP Karunanayake said they would show that they have faith in Minister Senaratne.
“Today, the JO is making a joke out of no-faith motions. The latest motion had been signed by 39 thieves and handed over to the Speaker.We vehemently condemn this motion as this is an attempt to obstruct the achievements of the Yahapalanaya,” he said.
He said as someone who has experienced no-faith motions, he came forward with other MPs to prevent no-faith motions being brought against others ministers.
He said the government was able to change the habit of legislators looting the public and to take the country forward.
“Minister Senaratne committed immensely to bring the government to power. He is someone who speaks courageously. Therefore, a group of opposition MPs who are against these developments had brought a no-faith motion. We completely reject this,” he said.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Lahiru Pothmulla)
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
Well ‘the protector of Yaha Palanaya Cabinet’ what else we can expect from you. By all means you have to stop this before it becomes a Domino Effect.
Horu wenuwen Horu !!.
Wajira Abeywardana is also supporting to Rajitha.
Horu nitharama horu rakinawa, paksaya kumak uwath un ekai
Birds of a feather, flock together.
Ravi, when you coming back mate? That President Commisiion is going nowhere and they will write a report which no one will ever read.
Mate Ravi, AA can continue paying the rent for while you are unemployed.
AH! a new game. No confidence motion. Well they have to do something to occupy the time.