New Justice Minister & Buddha Sasana Minister sworn in
Posted in Local News
Ms Thalatha Atukorale has been appointed as the new Minister of Justice and Mr Gamini Jayawickrama Perera has been appointed as the new Minister of Buddha Sasana. They took their oaths before President Maithripala Sirisena at the President’s Official Residence, today (25).
The Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe and the Secretary to the President Austin Fernando were also present on this occasion.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
Buddha Sasana minister? Why? For what purpose? Just producing jobs from thin air like the 95% of the working population.
Excellent choice by UNP in introducing next gen of leaders to greater responsibility.
Ruwan, Sujeeva, Harin, Harsha and Ranjan demonstrate high potential leadership and public standards.
You are right Bro Ranjith. Buddha Sasana survived without a Budha Sasasana Minister for centuries. Why we need a Budha Sasana Minister to protect: Pin-kate in temples? Stop m putting deviant Monks behind bars? Stop Chanting Pirith using loud speakers? Stop making conflicts among monks (Sangya beeda kirima anantharika papa karmayaki!)? Stop encroachment of lands belongs to temples? It is just a ceremonial job. Another Luxury Car and huge benefits with tax payers money.
When can the UNP get rid of the P****** and his Blue drug lords and people smugglers and establish a true democratic Government with its youth brigade?
Brother Mr Amarakoon is that this country going down the drain and there is nothing we can do about. When a country get corrupt to this extent there is no way out. In other words Sri Lanka is so corrupted so it has become a way of life. A country which preach “bana” all the time.Very sad.
The former leader has said that he will follow the new Justice Minister every step of her pathway.
If you are innocent, why should you be worried about persecution?