Will support Government on matters beneficial to people – TNA
TNA Leader, Parliamentarian R. Sampanthan said his party would never hesitate to support the Government in decisions beneficial to the country and the people.
Addressing a media conference held in Trincomalee, Sampanthan said his party will continue to remain in the Opposition in Parliament but it did not mean that they would oppose the Government at every turn.
He said he had never stated that Sajith Premadasa should be made the Opposition Leader and added that it was completely an internal party matter for the UNP to decide.
Sampanthan said certain opinions were being currently expressed regarding the Speaker’s post in Parliament. He said that in Karu Jayasuriya, they already had a Speaker holding office. However, if an opportunity arose to exercise votes regarding this position they would take the ideal decision opportune for that moment.
(Source: Daily News)
- MP Gajendrakumar Ponnambalam arrested in Colombo June 7, 2023
- Yohani de Silva gets ‘Golden Visa’ from Dubai June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka-born woman in UK becomes youngest ever non-white Crown Court judge June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
Your support not required.
The Nation has elected an Executive President based on 100% Sinhala Buddhist voter majority.
Soon, it will elect a Parliament with 2/3rd majority on 100% Sinhala Buddhist majority voters.
The Exec President and the Parliament will not require any minority support to achieve promised Utopia.
Please Mr Sampanth, time to consider retirement and handover TNA to next radical generation.
Aaa haa, Mr. Sampanthan, Govt came to power without your help. So now you are forcing yourself to help. Anyway, thank you for helping RW to become the opposition leader sidelining Sajith. Please also consult your buddies JVP when taking decisions. Remember they have a 3%.
Mr.Sampanthan seems to get wiser expelling the fear that senile decay has already set in to destroy his power of rational thinking..He has dropped the word ‘my’ whenever he referred to his people. and the country. Sir, if you are genuine we shal;l give you a last chance. After all you are on the brink and better get your mind
Poor useless-relic, this senile thing just doesn’t know that everyone is now 200% wise to his “We Tamil” racist-separatist game (Just study their 13 demands to Prez elections candidates, i.e. demands that Prez Gota refused flat out but Sajith kept mum on!) and that his feeble utterances are as important to us as the whimpers of an old, rabid dog.