Willing to consider presidential candidacy if invited – Karu
Speaker of the Parliament Karu Jayasuriya says that he is willing to consider taking up presidential candidacy if he is invited by the United National Party (UNP).
However, he is will not grab the candidacy from someone else, he said.
He added that he has not discussed this with the Leader of UNP Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe.
Sating that there had been instances where he had cried over the country from his heart, Jayasuriya said that there needs to be an agreement between the national policies.
He says that Sri Lanka is invaluable in terms of location, yet, it has not been properly understood.
It is not difficult to develop the country if we can gain investors’ trust through the port city, he further said.
Meanwhile, police are taking measures to file court cases against 6 parliamentarians over the incident of violent behavior within the parliament and assaulting police officers, the Speaker added.
(Source: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka to implement another electricity tariff revision in January 2024 December 9, 2023
- ‘Kush’ worth Rs. 100 Million seized in luggage left behind at Bandaranaike International Airport December 9, 2023
- Air Arabia launches direct flights to Sri Lanka from Abu Dhabi December 9, 2023