Wilpattu resettlement procedure problematic – President
President Maithripala Sirisena while acknowledging the process of ongoing re-settlements of Muslims in Wilpattu National Park is problematic, assured immediate actions will be taken to prevent further destruction to the forest.
Addressing the heads of media institutions this morning, President said that he had already called for reports from relevant authorities.
President Sirisena has ordered the immediate halt of all deforestation actions last week and today assured that actions for reforestation will begin immediately.
He also said after identifying genuine cases of displacement due to war, the IDPs occupying lands in Wilpattu National Park will be relocated in a suitable land elsewhere.
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
Thank you Mr. President! What you are going to do about the destruction already took place?