Winner of parliamentary majority not our PM: JVP
The Janatha Vimukthi Peramuna (JVP) said yesterday people should not accept the person who secures a majority in Parliament because it means that peoples’ representatives were bought over for money to secure the majority.
JVP Leader Anura Kumara Dissanayake told a rally in Nugegoda that if the person who secures a majority in Parliament was accepted as the Prime Minister, it means accepting black money. “It is black money which decides the position of peoples’ representatives in Parliament. These transactions are not done through banks. These transactions are concluded using black the money of smugglers,” he said.
He said Parliament could not be considered as supreme any longer as peoples’ representatives were being bought and added that the President prorogued parliament thereby plunging the country into political chaos.
“Dinesh Gunawardane, who usually requests that parliament convenes even for a minor flood, is silent over this grave crisis,” he said.
Mr. Dissanayake further suggested that people should not accept President Maithripala Sirisena as the President because he betrayed the mandate given to him by the people in 2015. “The President has betrayed the mandate of 6.2 million people who voted for him instead of Mahinda Rajapaksa. The President no longer has the support of 6.2 million persons who voted for him or the 5.8 million who voted against him,” he said.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Ajith Siriwardana)
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
Hey JVP, stop beating around the bush and make big sounds and fuss like chimps.
If you are sooooo worried about SL, democracy and people in SL, at least make a fuss asking for a general election to come out of the current situation, since that is undoubtedly the best line of action that will get the right person to run the country as the PM and indisputable both locally and internationally.