Woman gives birth to quintuplet girls
Posted in Local News
A 29-year-old mother from Pepiliyawala gave birth to quintuplets (5 girls) this morning at the De Soysa Hospital for Women (Teaching), Colombo 08.
Deputy Director of the hospital Dr. Pushpa Gamaladge said this was the mother’s first pregnancy.
She said the babies were perfectly healthy, while having a slightly lower weight than normal and they were being looked after at the baby unit of the hospital.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023