Women only train in service from today
The Ministry of Transport and Civil Aviation has today launched a train compartment service designated for women.
The Women Only compartments launched from today to is in line with the World Women’s Day. And has been implemented as a measure to prevent the sexual harassment and hardship endured by women using public transport.
The Ministry said, as the first stage Women Only compartments will be included in office trains and will be expanded to other trains as well in the future.
First ever local women-only compartments were launched in several Colombo-bound trains departing from Mirigama at 6.30 a.m., Rambukkana at 5.57 a.m., Maho at 4.45 a.m., as well as in Mount Lavinia-bound train leaving from Puttalam at 4.30 a.m., Samudra Devi train and another train departing from Matara at 5.00 a.m. this morning.
(Government News Portal)
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
now the question is does the Sri-Lankan Railway have enough compartments to cater to only women first of all get more train services, with the present number of compartments this is a joke for the 21st and 22nd century
wake up Minister and Deputy Minister your dream time is over lets see how many day you could implement this crazy idea