Would not allow anybody to divide the country, united by valiant war heroes – President
President Maithripala Sirisena says he would not allow anybody to divide the country which was united by the valiant war heroes shedding their blood.
If our war heroes wouldn’t have given their utmost commitment, knowledge, intelligence and experience for the country, we wouldn’t have secured the unity of the country, he added. He emphasized the current government never under-estimate that utmost commitment done by the valiant war heroes for the motherland.
The President made these remarks at the ceremony held in the Auditotium of Defense College in Colombo to hand over the keys of the houses of second housing scheme, constructed for the war heroes in Kandy District, under the ‘Api Venuven Api’ Ranaviru Housing Scheme.
President Sirisena stated that the current government would implement a special program to for the welfare of the members of Security Forces.
The President who arrived in the Defense College was welcomed by the Defense Secretary Karunasena Hettiarachchi.
The President presented house keys to few war heroes who are receiving houses, symbolizing the handing over of 90 houses built for them. Letters related to 10 houses constructed under semi housing scheme were also presented at this occasion.
Minister Fizer Mustafa, Chief of Defense Staff Air Chief Marshal Kolitha Gunathilaka, Commander-in-Chief of the Sri Lanka Armed Forces, inspector-general of police and senior defense officials also participated in this event.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Sanath Nishantha to pay electric bills of SLPP low-income families October 4, 2023
- Chairman of CEYPETCO and CPSTL Uvais Mohamed resigns October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023