Yoshitha Rajapaksa arrested by FCID
Former President Mahinda Rajapaksa’s son, Lieutenant Yoshitha Rajapaksa, has been arrested by the Financial Crimes Investigation Division (FCID) and is expected to be produced at the Kaduwela’s Magistrate’s Court.
He was arrested following questioning carried out by the FCID earlier today at the Sri Lanka Navy Headquarters in Colombo, the navy spokesman said.
Yoshitha Rajapaksa was summoned to give a statement regarding the Carlton Sports Network (CSN), a private company allegedly linked to him.
CSN chairman Rohan Weliwita was also taken in for questioning by the FCID this morning.
Weliwita, who is also former President Mahinda Rajapaksa’s media coordinating secretary, was questioned regarding alleged financial irregularities at the television channel.
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
No worries; he will be in the bed next to Ven Gnanasara in the prison Hospital suffering from a mysteriously unknown ailment.
Even better, he will be transferred to the Gen Hospital Merchant’s Ward, following the footsteps of his uncle, Basil.