Yoshitha Rajapaksa arrested by FCID
Former President Mahinda Rajapaksa’s son, Lieutenant Yoshitha Rajapaksa, has been arrested by the Financial Crimes Investigation Division (FCID) and is expected to be produced at the Kaduwela’s Magistrate’s Court.
He was arrested following questioning carried out by the FCID earlier today at the Sri Lanka Navy Headquarters in Colombo, the navy spokesman said.
Yoshitha Rajapaksa was summoned to give a statement regarding the Carlton Sports Network (CSN), a private company allegedly linked to him.
CSN chairman Rohan Weliwita was also taken in for questioning by the FCID this morning.
Weliwita, who is also former President Mahinda Rajapaksa’s media coordinating secretary, was questioned regarding alleged financial irregularities at the television channel.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023