Mahinda’s media secretary taken in for questioning
Former President Mahinda Rajapaksa’s media coordinating secretary, Rohan Weliwita, has been taken in for questioning by the Financial Crimes Investigations Division (FCID).
Weliwita, who is the Chairman of the Carlton Sports Network (CSN), is to be questioned regarding alleged financial irregularities at the television channel.
He has previously been summoned by the FCID for questioning regarding issues such as the appointing of the Board of Directors at CSN, tax relief and broadcast rights of live cricket matches.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023