Zahran Hashim’s brother-in-law arrested
The Colombo Crimes Division has arrested the brother-in-law of the National Thowheed Jamath organisation’s leader Zahran Hashim in Katupotha.
It was reported that the suspect had received weapon training at Nuwara Eliya camp along with Zahran.
The suspect is a 28-year-old named Mohammadu Abdul Kader.
He was arrested the CCD at a round 10:35 last night from Kekunagolla, Katupotha. Further investigations are underway.
Zahran Hashim is the mastermind behind the deadly Easter Sunday bombings while the NTJ is now a proscribed organisation in Sri Lanka.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka to implement another electricity tariff revision in January 2024 December 9, 2023
- ‘Kush’ worth Rs. 100 Million seized in luggage left behind at Bandaranaike International Airport December 9, 2023
- Air Arabia launches direct flights to Sri Lanka from Abu Dhabi December 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy promotes 1,877 personnel on its 73rd anniversary December 9, 2023