Zahran Hashim’s brother-in-law arrested
Posted in Local News
The Colombo Crimes Division has arrested the brother-in-law of the National Thowheed Jamath organisation’s leader Zahran Hashim in Katupotha.
It was reported that the suspect had received weapon training at Nuwara Eliya camp along with Zahran.
The suspect is a 28-year-old named Mohammadu Abdul Kader.
He was arrested the CCD at a round 10:35 last night from Kekunagolla, Katupotha. Further investigations are underway.
Zahran Hashim is the mastermind behind the deadly Easter Sunday bombings while the NTJ is now a proscribed organisation in Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
Why take so long?
Arrested after 3 months of the incident?
Was he living in Hizbullah’s house?