05 areas in Colombo, Ratnapura and Nuwara Eliya isolated
Five areas in the Colombo, Ratnapura and Nuwara Eliya Districts have been placed under isolation as of 6.00 am today.
The National Operation Centre for Prevention of COVID-19 Outbreak said in the Colombo District, Jayagath Mawatha, Sathsara Mawatha, Isuru Mawatha, Samanala Mawatha and Thapel Pettiya Junction in Thalahena North and Wijaya Mawatha and Jayagath Mawatha in Thalahena South were isolated this morning.
Meanwhile, Kahangama Kosgala Watte and Bopaththa Wasama in the Ratnapura District and Kataboola Middle Division in the Nuwara Eliya District were also placed under isolation.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023
- ‘We quit our stressful public sector jobs to earn £150 a month in Sri Lanka’ December 4, 2023