13 containers with aflatoxin, released – Wijeyadasa
Posted in Local News
Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna Parliamentarian Wijeyadasa Rajapakshe says 13 containers of imported coconut oil have been released to the market, which the Food Control Administration Unit of the Ministry of Health confirmed contains aflatoxin, a cancerous agent.
Taking to his official Facebook account the MP said the oil was unfit for consumption.
The Parliamentarian also requested the public to not consume imported coconut oil.
(Source: News Radio)
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s official reserve assets increase by 26.2% in May June 7, 2023
How can the poor consumer know what he buys contains is good oil