14 individuals linked to LTTE designated by Sri Lankan government
Posted in Local News
An extraordinary gazette notification was issued against 14 individuals who are close associates of the LTTE, from entering into Sri Lanka.
The amendment to the List of Designated persons under the United Nations Regulations No. 01 of 2012 has been made through a gazette issued by Secretary to the Defence Ministry, Kapila Waidyaratne.
Among the individuals included to the list are LTTE intelligence leaders ‘Seel Maran’, ‘Parathan’ and ‘Siranjeew Master’ as well as the terrorist organisation’s international financial leader Sivasubramaniyam Jeyaganesh a.k.a Ganesh.
Inclusions to list of designated persons:
- Nadaraja Sathyaseelan a.k.a Seel Maran
- Kamalasinham Arunakulasinham a.k.a Kamal
- Antonyrasa Antony Calistor a.k.a Parathan
- Sivasubramaniyam Jeyaganesh a.k.a Ganesh, a.k.a Samraj
- Ponnasami Paskaran a.k.a Jeyakaran
- Velaudan Pradeepkumar a.k.a Kaleeban
- Siwarasa Surendran a.k.a wadann
- Sivagurunadan Murugadas a.k.a Kadirawan
- Thirunilakandal Naguleshwaran a.k.a Pushpanadan
- Maheshwaran Ravichandran a.k.a Mendis, a.k,a Thirukkumaran
- Suresh Kumar Pradeepan
- Kandasamy Krishnamoorthi, a.k,a Moorthi
- Jeewarathnam Jeewakumar, a.k.a Siranjeew Master
- Tony Jihan Murugesapillai
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
OMG this is gross violation of Human Rights. Hope this is not linked to killing of a magnificent Leopard in the North!
Come on Amarakone. If the govt has a legitimate reason with proof that these guys are linked to the LTTE then why do we want them in Sri Lanka. The LTTE will be trying raise their heads and if our leaders and citizens think they are not laning to rise again then we are in big trouble . Thanks to the great MR we got rid of those Barbarians .Lets keep it that way.
Dear Mr. Fernando, Thank you your post. Present government prepared all the background for LTTE to come back. May be MR defeated LTTE but not the ideology. YP government released all the military strategic locations in the North. Released land back which was needed for security, Reduced the fire power of our Military, allegedly conducted a controlled explosions in Kosgama, Selling advanced weapons including multi barrels, reducing regiments. YP (with foreign advice) going reduce SL Military forces to a ceremonial state. YP government forgot there was a 30 year Terror war in SL. Few days ago Police in the North catch some deadly weapons being transported to an undisclosed location by suspected terror groups. Now the background is ready for terror groups.
Yes the ideology will be very hard to defeat because there are still many brain washed individuals who think they are going get part of SL as their own, That is why our leaders have to be very vigilant and not succumb to pressure from the west and move our armed forces camps from the North. What they should be asking the western world if they can be told where their Armed forces can be stationed in their countries.
IT is also very impotant that our citzens be very vigillant and for get racial and relegios differences remeberingthat we are first Sri Lankans and then what ever else.
just because the ideology exist is it correct as such it should be defeated militarily