2016 Budget will be presented in Parliament Today
Second Reading of the Appropriation Bill for Budget 2016 (Budget Speech) will take place today (20) at the Parliament, said the Deputy Secretary-General of the Parliament Mr.Neil Iddawala.
Today (20) the Parliament is schedule to meet at 2.00 pm and the Minister of Finance Ravi Karunanayake will present the Budget Speech, Deputy Secretary-General said.
The debate of the second reading will be held for 9 days from November 21 while the vote on the Second reading will take place at 5.00 pm on December 02.
The Committees stage Debate will commence on December 03 and will held for 15 days and the vote on the Third Reading will take place on December 19 at 5.00, said Mr.Iddawala.
(Government News Portal)
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023