20th Amendment draft bill to be presented to cabinet
In a special meeting that has been convened today, the draft bill of the 20th Amendment to the Constitution will be presented to the cabinet.
Cabinet Spokesperson Minister Rajitha Senaratne said that a special cabinet meeting is scheduled to be held at 6 this evening under the instructions of the president to seek approval for the 20th amendment to the constitution and that the president has held discussions with the Prime Minister and has sketched a draft bill and that draft bill will be presented to the cabinet today.
If the cabinet approves the draft bill, it will be subsequently presented to the parliament.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023