Some signatures fake – Ravi
Finance Minister Ravi Karunanayake yesterday claimed that some of the signatures of the No Confidence Motion against Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe collected by the Opposition were fakes.
According to the minister of the 114 signatures claimed to have been collected by the Opposition to support the No Confidence Motion against Prime Minister Wickremesinghe, some are not genuine.
It is also claimed that MP Lohan Ratwatte’s signature has been found in two places.
When this was brought to the notice of an Opposition MP, he said all signatures were placed by the MPs and therefore the signatures were genuine.
He accepted that Ratwatte’s signature had been found in two places. It is a genuine mistake. The Opposition presented five no confidence motions, the MP said.
However placing signatures of one MP in two places in the No Confidence Motion is cheating, political sources said.
While some have tried to sweep this matter under the carpet, certain opposition members are of the view that taking up for debate a No Confidence Motion with defects would create an embarrassing situation for the opposition.
These members are also not too keen to see the presenting of such a No Confidence Motion to Parliament for debate.
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
- It is imperative to equip our armed forces with state-of-the-art technologies and capabilities – Defence State Minister June 9, 2023
- ADB provides Sri Lanka access to concessional financing June 9, 2023
- Over 20 injured in bus lorry collision at Hanwella June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
Let us hear the name of those individuals whose signatures have been fake and ask them to come forward and declare they did not sign. Ground for another CID investigation !!!!!!!!!!
Correct Indra, just mention the names and investigate. Same old story.
If there are two signatures of the same person that alone makes it a fraudulent document as such it will be rejected by the speaker
If you are so bold as to say that you have the majority and your conscience and that of your Leader the Prime Minister are clear why try to fish for excuses. Tuck up your sleeves and say ‘ We are ready’.