22 university students remanded for protesting despite court order
22 university students including the convenor of the Inter-University Students’ Federation (IUSF) Ven. Rathkarawwe Jinarathana Thera, who were arrested for protesting outside the University Grants Commission (UGC), were remanded till tomorrow.
The order was issued by the Colombo Additional Magistrate when the group of students was produced before the court.
They were arrested by the Cinnamon Gardens Police this morning for violating a court order.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka aims to streamline tax structure, boost collections October 4, 2023
- Tharushi Karunarathna wins Gold at Asian Games in China October 4, 2023
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023