President requests not to display portraits of him in public
The public has been requested not to display photographs or portraits of President Gotabaya Rajapaksa in public places, stated President’s Media Division (PMD).
Issuing a statement, the PMD said that it has been observed that President Rajapaksa’s photos and portraits being displayed without any supervision in public places.
President Rajapaksa, while expressing his gratitude towards those who make portraits of him, requests the public not to do so here onwards.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023