23-year-old nurse killed in earth slip at Narammala
A 23-year-old woman has died after a house was damaged in an earth slip in the area of Wennoruwa, Narammala this morning (November 09).
The mother of the deceased and the brother who were at the same house at the time of the incident had escaped unharmed.
Police said the deceased was employed as a nurse at a private hospital in Colombo.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023