Mutuhettigama’s wife says her husband will be back soon
Kokila Mutuhettigama, wife of maverick UPFA politician and deputy minister Nishantha Mutuhettigama who left the country for Singapore, while a magisterial warrant was out for his arrest told ‘The Island’ yesterday that the law enforcement officers should have taken him into custody if he was wanted by court and asked why they didn’t perform their duty.
Baddegama Magistrate Chandima Edirimanne had issued a warrant for his arrest for his failure to appear before court having being charged with forcibly taking away three suspects arrested by Wanduramba police for their alleged involvement on the arson attack on a stage constructed for a political rally of common opposition candidate Maithripala Sirisena a few days back.
Mrs Muthuhettigama said that her husband had planned to travel overseas long before the warrant was issued on him and she didn’t know where he had travelled to.
But she was certain that her husband would return home in the next few days.
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
- It is imperative to equip our armed forces with state-of-the-art technologies and capabilities – Defence State Minister June 9, 2023
- ADB provides Sri Lanka access to concessional financing June 9, 2023
- Over 20 injured in bus lorry collision at Hanwella June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
Why people make international conspiracies against this innocent man and family ? people and media acted in the same way for mervin Silva.
Rajapakse ta Jayawewa ???
Mawbimata aba saranai !!!
Ahooo Mohan Samaranayaka,
You don’t see the good governance. Many people who support the development of Rajapakse smell and receive huge benefits from the development.
Why Rajapaske is not strengthening foreign service to face to international conspiracies.
If Rajapakse is only the solution(panacea) for international conspiracies, who protected the country before Rajapakse ?
If Rajapakse is only the solution, do you suggest to select him again after another 8 years ?
Even intellectuals like you have to wash the clothes of the Rajapakse which is the sad news.
Yes, he will be back soon to terrorise the voters!